Saturday, September 28, 2013

Car Flipping

Michael bought a whirly jig and left it at my house while he's working on his garage. After taking the unit apart to fix it, I finally got it working enough to attempt to hook it up to my car. My trusty Henrob gas welder and some one inch square metal tubing allow me to make a bracket to bolt the car to the twirly jig.

Getting the hydrolic rams fixed were the easy part, the telescoping tubes were a real pain but, I got them working. Now, I had to find somewhere to put all the "stuff" that I had been storing inside the body of the car. The time is getting close to flip it and I'm nervous.

First shot to make sure I have all my clearances right and it won't hit the lower cross bar. Also to make sure my brackets hold too.


So far, so good. It twirls really easy too.
After scraping off a lot of the under coating, I see I'm going to need a lot more work than I had anticipated. Nothing huge but just little patches. Actually, the stock holes in the firewall are more work but I want this to be perfect so I'll scrape it all to the bone and make sure any holes or rusted areas are patched with metal.

This Henrob gas welder is really great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home