Sunday, July 15, 2012



The springs are painted and ready to go in .What a pain in the butt they turned out getting into the A Frames. Now they're in and I want to try and dry fit the engine block and tranny in so I can make a tranny mount.


The Jarden headers are a little close to the drivers side motor mount so I'm going to have to make a slim head on the bolt that goes thru the frame mount. I've now made the tranny mount and just have to paint it. I've marked the spot on the frame web where I need to drill bolt holes for the tranny mount, I'll drill these after I take the block and tranny back out.

The rear springs and housing are mounted. I have to order my 3.55 gears next week. I'm not sure that I'm going to tackle putting the ring and pinion into the carrier, I don't have the run out guage for that. 

The rear axels are shown in place, I have to put in the differential before I drive them in to place seating the axel bearings. I did this just to be able to put the tire and rims on so I could set it on the floor.

Since I got my new Henrob welder, I've decided to play with welding up the body seams while I wait on my ring and pinion gears to get here. I rotated the body so that when I use the grinder, I can just sweep all the crap out the door instead of the whole garage floor.

After taking the seam cap off, I've started welding up the gap. Found some of the original led in the body where they filled in a dent on top that they must have made at the factory. This isn't as easy as it looks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home