Monday, March 21, 2011

Well, the body is coming down nicely. I've completely taken everything off of the main body and have it off the frame. Next step is to build a body roller so I can rotate it to get to the bottom. It seems to have only one small area in the trunk that I need to patch but I still want to completely strip it and make sure.



























Once I have the holes in the firewall welded up then I want to look for a media stripper to take it to. I'm going to take all the body parts to have them stripped down to the bare metal to make sure I have this puppy solid!


The frame is going to be a challenge, I want to get rid of 60 years of grease and surface rust to be able to paint it. I'm not going to make this a show frame, ala "Garage Potato" but an extremely clean driver. I want to make sure the drive train fits without the "X" member being in the way for any of the linkage or exhaust system. My pressure washer got rid of some of the grime but not enough, I'm going to have to do this manually with a grinder and wire brush then get out the sand blaster for the small crevices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home